There are two ways I can help you solve your writing problem asap
1.Book Coach HotlinE
Okay, it's not necessarily a phone call. It's a chance to book me for an hour of ad-hoc work on your plot, your project, or your publishing goals. I'll edit pages, review query letters, talk out a problem you're having with your story, hash out the merits of a "revise and resubmit" request from an agent, help you figure out if you're ready to publish, and give you my best advice gleaned from 30 years in the publishing business.
An hour might not seem like much time, but I am immersed in this world. I know what works. I can help.
Note that I schedule Book Coach Hotline slots on Fridays only. To sign up, scroll down and fill out the form at the bottom of this page.
"I just wanted to quickly let you know how much I am LOVING today! I'm feeling so inspired - and all thanks to our great chat yesterday." -- Emma Blackman
"What an amazing session with Jennie. Before the call I had a great idea in my head, but really unsure of how to organize it add my personality to it. Jennie provided me with insight and clarity on my how I envisioned my book. Beside her amazing ideas, but I really admired about Jennie was her patience. I came to her with idea and some concepts and she turned it into a wonderfully construct table of content. Thank you Jennie for going above and beyond to help me make this a reality. After this Hotline, I definitely want to continue working with you. "-- Kimberly Jean, MD
2.INSTANT CLARITY STRATEGY SESSION
Do have one main problem that is plaguing your writing? I work with writers in every genre at every stage of the creative process to identify roadblocks, solve problems, and create a clear way forward so you can keep writing with confidence.
- Are you stuck at Chapter 1, or 3 or 27, and wondering if it's worth it to keep going? If you are suffering from a bad case of doubt and despair, a Strategy Session may be just what you need to break through the noise in your head and make a clear decision about your best next step.
- Has something gone off the rails with your book? Send me your agent rejections, your pages that aren't holding readers' attention, or the outline of the project that keeps stalling out and I'll tell you exactly what's wrong and precisely how to fix it. Stop guessing and get some answers.
- Are you deciding between two projects? Working on a revision? Getting ready to pitch? I can help!
The Instant Clarity Strategy Session has four phases:
- Discovery. What's going well in your writing life and your book project? Where are the trouble spots? I'll send you a Q&A so we can both learn exactly what's going on.
- Deep Analysis and Action Plan. You'll send me back the Q&A and up to 25 pages of text, which can include agent rejection letters, book overviews and outlines, and particular chapters. I'll read and evaluate the pages, spend a day or so thinking about them, and give you a written evaluation, which will include my recommendation for how you should move forward. (All submitted pages must be double-spaced, 1-inch margins, 12-point Times New Roman font, which is standard manuscript formatting.)
- Insight, Clarity and Confidence. We'll get on the phone for 45 minutes to discuss recommended steps.
- Follow-up. Within seven days of our call, you can send up to five pages of new work to double check that you're on the right track. These pages often include a new outline, a new overview, a new roadmap for moving forward.
"I wanted to thank you again for working through this issue with me. Wow. I felt a million times better after talking with you and ready to go forward." -- Debbie Lee
SIGN UP FORM
CLIENT SUCCESS STORIES
Read all about the inspiring achievements of my clients!
For my more intensive, ongoing coaching programs, go back to "GET COACHED," below.